Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:23:00 -0700
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:12:07 -0700, "Vosswinkel, Kerry"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am still struggling with a problem I cannot find the answer to - I've
>checked all the manuals and FAQs, and posted this here before but didn't get
>any useful responses.  I have several lists that *almost* always change the
>format of messages sent to them, from HTML to plain text.  I *do not* have
>the NoHTML setting in any of the list headers; in fact, the headers are
>extremely simple - I've included a sample below.

Have you verfied whether LISTSERV is actually doing this or not?  I have
encountered some situations where EXCHANGE appears to be changing the format of
messages before forwarding to destinations that it considers to be 'outside' of
its 'domain'.

Quick check is to send message to the list and cc: same message sent at same
time to 1-2 other addresses (both internal to FORTLEWIS.EDU and external).  View
the message headers and raw contents of all messages and compare.

2nd test is STOP LISTSERV.  Then send the test message.  This will show up as a
file named  xxxxxxxxxx.JOB in the incoming spool dir of LISTSERV.  Use the
provided jobview utility to examine this file.  Is the message in HMTL or plain
text format that you thought it should be when it arrives at LISTSERV?  Then
stop the outbound mailer (LSMTP or whatever) and then restart LISTSERV.  Again
capture the outgoing message as a nnnnnnn.MAIL file and verify that LISTSERV has
not changed the content/format of the message from that which was received.
Then restart the mailer and let LISTSERV resume it usual work.