"John M. Roraback" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 10:23:27 -0500
In a message dated 97-10-25 14:44:09 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

>What's frustrating is that NORMALLY, as listowner, I receive
>bounce-back messages when posts don't go through.  But
>when this happens with AOL, I don't get any information!
>Sometimes I get AOL bounce-back messages, but right now
>I'm not.  I have no idea what these people received and what
>they did not receive.  Neither do they.

As a Listowner I have recently had problems getting back responses from our
LISTSERV for commands I have sent, have not gotten error messages for any
addresses (not just AOL bounces), have not gotten back results of SCANs or
SEARCHes I have sent, not the approval messages for a moderated list I
operate, but I DO get messages from my lists.

Does anyone know if has AOL had a filter operating to screen out mail from
LISTSERV addresses?

John Roraback
Operator:  [log in to unmask]