Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:47:23 -0500
At 09:21 AM 2/6/96 GMT, you wrote:

>LISTSERV(R) can do most of this for you.  Firstly, unless you are
>collecting money, there is no reason for prospective users to snail-mail
>you.  They should be instructed to email  LISTSERV@your_host

Or verifying ages for an adult list...

>I see no reason to keep track of dates, and also no reason to keep track
>of anybody who doesn't respond.  You can keep track of the the copy of

He may have his own reasons. May increase some type of privileges after a
certain length of time, or whatever. The reason I wrote this is to remind
people that there are as many possibilities for lists as there are lists;
one shouldn't discount *why* someone wants to do something unless they
explain it and you know a better way.

Cheers,
Philo
Philo                          ||
[log in to unmask]                || Due to a system error,
2E GULC          <*>           || Eudora cannot display a .sig
http://www.radix.net/~philo    ||