Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:25:40 -0400
On Mar 20, 2007, at 8:15 AM — 3/20/07, Ronnie Streff wrote:

> I usually wait to see how many and what kinds of issues there are and
> how stable the release is before upgrading to new versions of any
> software. As 15.0 has been out for a few months, I'm debating
> whether or
> not to upgrade. I'm in the process of migrating to a new server
> (haven't
> read the migrating white paper yet), and I'm wondering if migrating
> and
> upgrading at the same time would be a good idea, or if this would
> compound any issues I might have with just migrating to the degree
> that
> it wouldn't be worth while.
>
> Any thoughts?

I intend to upgrade from 14.5 to 15 on a SuSE Linux server in early
May. Probably in June, I am looking to migrate LISTSERV to new
hardware, which will actually be a Red Hat Linux instance on a VM
Ware virtual machine which will also run Sendmail and Apache. I have
LISTSERV lite 15 running on that virtual machine now, but its hardly
been used. Your question reminds me to ask if anyone else is running
LISTSERV on a similar virtualized environment. If so, how's it
working out for you?