Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:51:23 +10
I have read a couple of replies to this particular matter already.. and there
are a few things that do concern me...

Firstly, I believe you should contact the list owner and/or listserv
administrator and find out if this was premeditated or just a quite easily made
mistake..... I know... I know.... you may have reasons already to feel that it
is a definite premediated move, but get it down in writing... or e-mail
first....

Secondly, I dont believe that there is currently anyway to ensure that your
list name is not used by someone else, and that there is little recourse
available to you legally...... morally is another question but that wont stand
up in court anyway...

Thirdly..... why not join the list, e-mail your concerns to all other
subscribers for the list (hope its only semi-moderated).... and see where that
gets you... at the same time post a message to any related list you can to
clarify which list is which.... including your own list...

I dont know about patenting list names.... it sounds like an awful lot of work
for the sake of a list name..... and you would find yourself spending more time
than most people have available chasing down through the courts anyone who
deliberately or accidently used that listname....

Debra Wilson
System Administrator
NSW Agriculture

"Even the Gods themselves can not contend against
stupidity."