Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:29:10 -0600
On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Robert Ponterio wrote:
> >BTW, I've also sent query and scan commands to the new unix listserv
> >address and haven't rec'd answers after a number of hours. Anyone
> >else coming up against this?
> >Maureen
>
> Yes.  We (FLTEACH owners) are finding that responses from:
> tend to be very slow.  We have waited all day to GET a log file, and I'm

It has been like that for a while.  I'm afraid you are just going to have
to put up with it for a while.  My coowner, Judith Hopkins, and I both
have personal accounts on ACSU and it can take 15 hours or more for
messages sent internally to go through.  One item can go through
immediately and the next is held for who knows how long, or never gets
delivered. We've been living with it for weeks.

AUTOCAT hasn't been dumped off the VM yet, though MEDLAB-L was last week.
Supposedly, some time this week.  AUTOCAT is one of the larger lists and
we use a lot of the features so we are among the very last to go.

I think they just seriously underestimated the computing resources needed
in dumping everything off VM to the unix clusters.  I know they have been
scrambling to get new boxes installed fast as they can, but at present it
isn't a terribly pretty sight.  Just be patient, they'll get it sorted out
in a while.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L