Mon, 12 May 2003 14:55:56 -0500

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In which case, you should probably follow official channels by reporting
> this issue to [log in to unmask]

Well, I've encountered this before and have, I think, mentioned it on this
list. I've also reported it directly to both Eric and LSOFT (not this time,
previously).

I want an official answer for why "Please send" is considered to be a
LISTSERV command, rather than a totally appropriate opening for a
legitimate posting to the list.

Please don't tell me that I should pursue this offlist, as I have, with no
result (the folk at LSOFT tend not to reply if they don't know what the bug
is).  And, even if they did reply, with a good explanation, direct to me,
it wouldn't do anyone else on the list any good, would it?

As all longterm subscribers to LSTOWN-L know, I can be quite persistent.

Douglas Winship