Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:46:59 -0600
On 11/21/97 10:01 AM, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I've received a number of bounces on a number of lists from the AOL.COM
>mailer indicating that mailboxes were full for certain subscribers.
Since
>this was disproportionate to normal bounces, I wonder if there is some
>other problem?
>
> [snip]
>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>... while talking to air18.mail.aol.com.:
><<< 552 xHOLL mailbox full
>554 <[log in to unmask]>... Service unavailable
>... while talking to air18.mail.aol.com.:
><<< 552 xman007 mailbox full
>554 <[log in to unmask]>... Service unavailable

The examples you give aren't mailbox full. So I'll give two answers.

1. Referring to Mailbox Full message, it's entirely possible that their
mailboxes have been full for a while and you just weren't getting the
errors because of technical problems.

2. If you got the Service unavailable messages last night, that's because
AOL had another mail outage.

As I side note, I just checked the two addresses you mentioned and they're
both invalid. Not full or unavailable. Go figure.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;