Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 13:02:36 -0400
Followup to LSTOWN-L (not lstsrv-l):

At 09:42 7/6/98 -0700, Bryan Schremp said:
|How do I find and remove concealed users on my lists. I have a user who
|wants off my list, that I can't find. I think they may be concealed from the
|list review.

When an owner issues Q and SCAN commands, they are not restricted by
CONCEAL subscriber options, only a REView is.

Thus if you have issued those commands with appropriate operands and have
failed to locate the user, it may be that:

1) user is forwarding from another address
2) someone (or thing) else is forwarding to user
3) user has multiple email addresses and is sending to you/LISTSERV under
the other one

Have the user email you one complete copy of the most recent post
INCLUDING all RECEIVED line headers of the distribution.  This usually
provides a sufficient number of clues.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State