Thu, 7 Oct 1999 00:39:47 -0700
Being able to set individual posters to REVIEW is a great feature.
A serious limitation of REVIEW is that the message cannot be altered
without appearing to come from the editor.

The alternative of setting
* Send= editor

allows the editor to modify posts and still have them appear to come
from the original author. However, it forces (AFAIK) _all_ messages to
go to the editor for approval, regardless of REVIEW or NOREVIEW. This
is wasteful of the editor's time as the majority of subscribers learn
list netiquette and it should should be possible for them to be post
without approval when they do.

Perusing LISTSERV's documentation, it appears the desired effect
could be obtained by

set mylist editor for *@*

and then

set mylist noeditor for clueless1@whereever
set mylist noeditor for clueless2@whereever
     .
     .
     .
with

* Send= editor

in the list header. With these settings, the clueful majority can
post directly to the list, while the clueless minority's posts will
go to the editor for editing/approval.

Is there a problem with this that I'm overlooking? Or have I _finally_
discovered a way to edit some posts without having to approve them all?

TIA,

-rex