Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:53:48 -0500
On: Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 09:44:20AM -0400,Russ Hunt Wrote:

} This is probably more curiosity than anything, but I have a list
} that's set to autodelete like so:
}
} "Subscribers will  be automatically  deleted from  the list
} when delivery errors have  been reported for a  period of 4
} days or more, or  when 100 delivery errors  have been  received,
} whichever occurs first. Monitoring will cease after 5 days
} without any reported errors."
}
} And yet I have three lapsed subscribers currently still being
} monitored after 170 errors, and after months of nondelivery. The
} error message looks like this:
}
} The following n subscribers are currently being monitored:
}
} Err First Last  Address
} --- ----- ----- -------
}                 Last error: 5.1.1 550 5.1.1
}                 <[log in to unmask]>... User
}                             unknown
}
} Is something likely misconfigured in the list?

Perhaps.  Is this address actually subscribed?  If not, one of your
subscribers has thier mail forwarded to that address and the forward to
address is bounceing.  Listserv can't remove the address that isn't
subscribed.

Finding the original is a pain.  Probably easiest is to increase your
probe rate.  I have sent test messages to all subscribers not on NOMAIL
with the user address in the subject, then look at the subject in the
bounce.  The test message says not to reply, but many users do.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67