Sylvie McGee <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 29 Jul 1995 15:54:05 -0700
At 06:00 PM 7/28/95 -0600, Pat Letendre wrote:
>I am asking this question as a favor for a colleague. He has a moderated
>list but until now used pine to re-post messages to his list. Now, with
>eudora,using the "redirect" feature, messages are being bounced back to him
>(illustrated below). He used "redirect" to avoid the ">" tags that appear
>with the eudora "forward" feature. This meant that the from: field was
>still from the subscriber, but with "by way of" added.I should note that
>his address has changed from [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask]

Pat,

I'm glad you asked this question - I asked it here about two weeks ago and
no answer - but maybe we'll reach critical mass soon!

I have not yet found a way to use Eudora to forward mail to the list without
having it appear as *forwarded* from me. This is not so pleasant, since then
all the postings I pass on appear to be coming from me, rather than from the
actual senders.

I'm pretty sure that the problem is that when he uses re-direct, since no
"resent from" line is added, the listserv will not recognize that the
authorized editor is forwarding the message. I figured this out when I was
sending on the basis of a lot of experimentation.

>2. Is the problem his changed addess? That is, is listserv seeing him as a
>subscriber who needs to go through the editor/moderator?

If this is the case, he won't be able to post to the list directly, and he
won't be able to forward either. If he can do either of those, then he's
still recognized by listserv. If he can't, someone will have to change the
header information to reflect his new address.

Best of luck with this!
Sylvie McGee
University Friends' Meeting - seattle wa