Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:44:06 +0100
A question I posted about archiving appears to have fallen into a
black hole. Forgive my persistance, but I'm stuck.

Years ago I was on a list (TEFL-L) which used and uses LISTSERV.
From time to time the so-named archivist sent a message saying: "I
have gathered together all the recent postings on (say) the use of
translation in foreign language teaching and put them into one file
called "Trans" in the archives. You can download this file by sending
the following command to the server......."

I want to do the same for the list of which I'm co-owner. (The
manager of the server and I don't speak the same language which makes
asking questions of this kind difficult).

!.   How do I put a document in our list's logs WITHOUT all members
getting a copy of it?
2.  Once it is there, will all members of the list be able to
retrieve it?

I'd be immensely grateful for help with this problem. I apologise if
it is child's play, but I'm a babe-in-arms when it comes to
communicating with our server.

Dennis Newson

Dennis(Newson)
University of Osnabrueck