John Schonholtz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Feb 1993 20:21:06 PST
I was not the least bit pissed, although I got it twice, and I
frankly don't understand why anyone should be.

The message in question was a list of papers (available by ftp)
concerning the setting up of e-mail networks in third-world countries.
It was forwarded to a large number of e-mail lists devoted to some
particular country or countries in the third world.  There was
nothing commercial about it--Larry Press was forwarding this as
a service to the readers of the lists, not because he was trying
to sell something or give maximum distribution to his political or
religious views.

Since attaining and achieving e-mail connectivity to the countries
involved is one of the most popular topics on CENTAM-L (and probably
most of the other lists it went to), this seems to me entirely appro-
priate.  Mass mailings are not always wrong.
--
John Schonholtz                                 [log in to unmask]