Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Oct 1994 09:38:06 EST
On Tue, 25 Oct 1994 15:58:32 CDT Chase Wrenn said:

>If I set the Service keyword to Local and the Local keyword to *.ua.edu, and
>all the UA networks end in ua.edu, will this make it so that only subscription
>requests from University of Alabama addresses will be accepted?

Yes.  I have a list set up like this:

* Confidential= Service
* Service= INDYCMS,INDYVAX,*.IUPUI.EDU

That hides the existence of the list to anyone not in the *.IUPUI.EDU domain.
INDYCMS and INDYVAX are probably redundant, because they have :internet tags
in the BITEARN NODES file, but I'm a suspenders and belt man...:)

So if you define a local service area:

* Local= *.ua.edu
* Service= Local

it ought to work.

BITNET:  NBRINDLE@INDYCMS  --------------------  Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Nathan C. Brindle, Student Activities Office
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Staff Advisor, Alpha Phi Omega Nat'l Service Fraternity, Tau Omicron Chapter
List Manager, ACCESS-L, BRTHPRNT, EXCEL-L@INDYCMS and other lists
Disclaimer:  My opinions are my own.  Indiana University can speak for itself.