Steve Traugott <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Nov 1993 22:19:32 EST
Does anyone know of any method other than the 'Daily-Threshold'
keyword to regulate the daily volume of a list?

We have 'Daily-Threshold' set to 10 on UUs-L, which seems to be a
comfortable number.  Beyond that the volume seems to stress people
out and the confusion and flames increase.

The drawback with 'Daily-Threshold' is that, once the threshold limit
is reached, the list is held until a FREE command is received, which
pretty much means that the list owner needs to send FREE listname
every day...  I could do this from my machine, but the problem
with this is that if my little workstation or its connectivity to
UBVM goes down, then so does the list.

Steve
Steve Traugott             `    .  *           +       [log in to unmask]
 ...Organizational Evolution         +    ` .   .      [log in to unmask]
Unix/Internet Systems Engineer         .      [log in to unmask] List Manager
Currently contracting in Summit, NJ  .                       [log in to unmask]