"J. R. Lankford" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:49:47 -0500
Hi, all -

        I asked about this a while back and didn't get an answer, so
thought I'd report in case this was confusing to someone other than me.
        Adding a sub-list is like adding 11 new topics if everyone on the
super-list is subscribed to the sub-list.  When posting, the sub-list is
invisible to members.  A member must only send a topic message to the
super-list address, and it's received by those subscribed to that topic,
whether the topic is on the super-list or on the sub-list.
        To put it another way, a message sent to the super-list address is
examined for both super-list and sub-list topics.
        So, by adding a sub-list to my list, I gave it a total of 22
different topics.  Pretty neat.

Jilla