Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 11:06:20 -0400
At 09:14 AM 4/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Why is an AOL subscriber's e-mail box any less full when set in DIGEST
>mode?!  OK, theoreticaly *I* know

It isn't any less full. In digest mode I am just sending it many (many)
fewer messages to bounce back. Four instead of 100. And that means fewer
error messages for me and the system to deal with. It also means that I
don't have to deal with messages from the subscribers asking whey they
haven't received their mail, and so on.

I thought seriously about dumping users who can't maintain their email
boxes but since my list is for chronically ill people, I decided that I
couldn't do it.

Karen Strauss