Michael McIntire <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:59:42 -0500
Just to come full circle, I gook Ben's advice, and used the nomail option.
To enable topics support, I used the DBMS interface, created a column for
each topic type, and using a trigger - populated the columns from the
option column. I also hacked up the www template for join/unsub to show
only topics without the rest of the options.

So, it's secure, there is little/no programming or maint, the archives
work, and a novice list owner can run the mail-merge.

Thanks all: Michael