Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 15:19:09 -0700
At 05:22 AM 1/5/97 -0800, Eric Paul-Hus wrote:

>MMmmmh! Another fun feature of this software ... My guess ? This users
>has profiled BLUES-L like a local user so some kind of "Novell"

Groupwise isn't too bad itself....this is an option that the USER turns on.
 It takes an action to do it, since I can't imagine any GW admin doing it
as default, no matter HOW clueless they were....mainly because it doubles
or triples mail volume.  You can have it acknowledge when msg is opened,
and ALSO when it is deleted, either or both.  I know, it is hard to think
of reasons for that, but......the options are user controlled under
Preferences.

>For more knowledgeable Lers can this "open acknowledge" be related with
>GroupWise handling of attachments ? Or some security "feature" maybe ?

Nope.  I guess some controlling boss somewhere wanted to be able to know
exactly WHEN and IF his employees read stuff.....and when they deleted
his/her words of wisdom....so Novell added it.  Actually, I think it was in
earlier versions, so was put in by WordPerfect in the good old days.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.