Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:53:27 -0600
> As it is, there are already 7 different header options. Each of these
> require that LISTSERV produce 7 different mail files, one for each
> header type. If in addition to that, each subscriber got the option
> of filtering off the attachment or not, then we've doubled that to
> 14. If you give them the option of _which_ types of attachments
> they're willing to receive, then it could get quite out of hand.

Ahh.. thanks Francoise, I honestly had had no idea how all this worked..
BUT, since attachments and htmled posts are or should be, [to my mind] a
subscriber preference.. I still kind of hope people will speak up for
making that so.. despite:

#3 will happen someday ;-))))))))))

BTW.. to all who developed the attachments keywords.. THANKS BIG
TIME..

you saved subscribers to one of our lists from multi-exposures to a trojan
this past week alone!  I had attachments=no on that list.. so all those posts
returned.. and posters hollered at me via private email that they had sent
no attachments.. they had no idea they had been infected.. and sending the
virus/trojan out to  others ;-)

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]