Edith Schmitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:58:31 -0400
Hi,

We are having some problems with the automatic messages in the mailtpl when
subscribing/unsubscribing.

1). It seems that after a subscriber has been added to our list, he
receives two confirmation messages. One is the ADD1 message that is part of
the mailtpl template and confirms that the subscription is complete and how
the customer can unsubscribe from the list. Almost simulateously, the
subscriber receives a message like this:

> ok
Confirming:
> SUBSCRIBE customer-sl-l Edith  Schmitz
You have been added to the CONSUMER-SL-L list.

This message seems to be unnecessary and confusing, as our templates have
been tranlated into other languages and, thus, are send in the subscriber's
native language. Therefore, we would prefer to disable this second
confirmation message. If this is not possible, we would like to change it
to the appropriate language. However, we don't know where this message
comes from as it is not part of the mailtpl. How can we disable/change it?

2). When unsubscribing via an "unsubscribe" page on the web, the DELETE
message that is also part of the mailtpl is not send to the unsubscriber.
Thus, the customer does not get this localized "goodbye" message. In the
LISTSERV manual, I did not find a reference to a DELETE template or any
other templat that is used for this purpose.

3). When trying to unsubscribe a subscriber manually, we get the following
message back:

> unsubscribe customer-sl-l Edith Schmitz [log in to unmask]
Invalid option - "EDITH". The valid options are GLobal, LOCal and NETWIDE
(minimum abbreviations shown in upper case).

Why am I required to add any of the options listed above and how can I
avoid this?

I very much appreciate any suggestions and ideas that may help us to
resolve these issues!

Thanks,
Edith Schmitz