Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 11:10:43 -0500
> >Okay, another thing.  As an AOL user, I am required to put some kind of
> >subject in, yet when I communicate with the listserv I am told not to put
> >anything in subject.  Is there a convention in that case?  Thanks!
>
> What to do?

The instructions about Listserv have been misinterpreted.  It's not that
one shouldn't put anything in the Subject: line but rather that Listserv
never reads the Subject: line so whatever might be put there never
matters.  Therefore you can put anything in the Subject to satisfy AOL,
but be certain that any intended commands are put in the body of the message.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]