"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 14:27:00 EDT
Though I don't think the Daily Threshold Monitoring is perfect
for either all list-owners or in its heuristics, it does serve a
function.  If it does not satisfy one's needs, or makes
list-owner life less pleasant, then maybe this feature should not
be used by individual owners.

That said, I like it nevertheless.

Having my mailbox "cluttered" with one daily log instead of 200
bounces is far more preferable.

Based upon my observation and private dialogs, it seems to be
that once entered into the montoring db, it will stay in there
until it has had n-days (an AUTO-DELETE=MAX(n) list parm) of
bounce-free activity (perhaps regardless of actually being
deleted automatically or manually)

Obviously it can't delete userid@nodeX bounces, if subscribed from
userid@Xnode (and auto-forwarded to userid@nodeX).

Also note that when you/LISTSERV does a DELETE, that does not
affect mail still in the delivery pipeline so MORE bounces
can occur (and more monitoring still takes place).

/Pete Weiss
 Penn State