Dave Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:59:52 EST
On Tue, 1 Apr 1997 11:03:20 -0500 Cathleen said:
>[log in to unmask]  Catht Interlog
>
>When I e-mail them myself, my messages bounce back without fail.
>
>It's driving me crazy, and my instinct is to just start deleting all the
>subscribe requests that come in with this format - what do you think?

This sounds like some of the "LISTSERV(R) attacks" that occur occasionally

where someone tries to subscribe a whole bunch of people to as
many lists as possible.  When I've seen this before the "first name" and
"last name" were always the same and the same as the account, i.e.

[log in to unmask] catht catht

I would definitely delete all requests that come in with this format;
chances are quite good they are bogus, IMHO.  My suggestion is to require
real names on the list and delete anything that is obviously bogus such
as the example you gave and the one I gave.

>>> Dave Hardy   Internet: [log in to unmask]
                 DISCUS-L owner (Discus fish)  Stripes owner (Angelfish)
                 CASTRECL co-owner (Musical Theatre cast recordings)