"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Feb 1992 07:39:17 CST
>  Speaking of which, is there a way people can ftp themselves some of these
>  lists of lists?  Some of us have (not too unreasonably) size restrictions on

I keep a couple of different versions of the list of lists in the WORDS-L
archives available via anonymous ftp for WORDS-L subscribers or for anybody
else who wants them.  I haven't updated them in a while, however.  (I'm
sure there are more up-to-date sources.  If I were not running behind in
mail right now, I would look through my files for the addresses where I
got the versions now in the WORDS-L archives in the first place.)  If
you're interested in the WORDS-L versions, ftp to isis.msstate.edu or
ftp.msstate.edu (ra.msstate.edu will also work but may be slower), cd
to docs/words-l (note that that's letter l, not number 1), and either
use ls to see the listings or read the file named index.  I think the
files you're interested in are named interest.groups and list.of lists.
One is much longer than the other.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])