W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:36:26 -0330
This is not really a dilemma.  As listowner you need to establish
clearly and unequivocally that abusive behaviour is simply not
tolerated.  On the biggest and most active list I manage (ANSAX-L) the
co-owner and I have established a set of rules for online behaviour.  If
a subscriber breaks one of those rules he or she is immediately set to
REVIEW, so that I have to approve each posting, and is warned privately
to cease and desist.  Usually this is enough.  A second occurrence, and
they are deleted.

As list owner you have to be autocratic at times.  If this hurts some
sensitive or fragile souls, so be it, especially if they don't suffer that
condition when they feel the urge to flame someone.

Bill

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406