Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:18:29 -0400
Thanks, Pete.

What the line says currently is

 Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto

I don't _think_ it's multiple subscription addresses. Yesterday
I manually deleted the three addresses -- the error messages
keep coming, of course, and it occurred to me this morning to
wonder why the system had allowed the number of errors to get as
high as 170 for the addresses. And spoofed mail from the list
doesn't seem likely to me, either: I guess I don't understand
why it could have got to 170 non-delivery errors (coinciding
with postings to the list -- that is, the error messages are
only generated when someone posts to the list).

-- Russ

> Could be:
>
> 0) are you in actually in delete mode ?  Here is an example
> of [my] definition where it is just monitoring:
>
>  Auto-delete= YES,MANUAL,Delay(3),Max(5)
>
> 1) multiple subscription addresses, one of which has already
> been deleted, but the other is forwarding to the now deleted
> (and bouncing) address
>
> 2) spoofed mail (from your list) to invalid "subscriber" address

St. Thomas University
http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/