Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 06:02:57 -0500
On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Eric Thomas wrote:

> In a future version  of the reference, it will be  possible to search the
> entire database. It  will probably have to wait a  while, though. We want
> to have LISTSERV databases searchable  through the web through our future
> LISTSERV/WWW interface product, and once that is ready it will be easy to
> add a checkbox to the search menu to do it.

     When you say "the entire database," are you talking about individual
lists' logfiles?  If so, how will you deal with lists whose logfiles are
open only to subscribers?  Will there be a way for subscribers to have
access while barring access to the general public?

     Or (before my morning coffee), have I misunderstood what you're
referring to?

     Joan Korenman

*       Joan Korenman                 Internet: [log in to unmask]           *
*       U. of Md. Baltimore County                    or                    *
*       Baltimore, MD 21228-5398                [log in to unmask]     *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *