Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 11:40:22 -0500
Anita,

I, too, think having IP numbers on the right side of the @ is odd. No
doubt there is a standard for it, though. 8=]'

> tried to sign on with an unknown domain. The information to the right of the @
> are all numbers (i.e. 192.245.137.1). The host postmaster doesn't recognize

Using NSLOOKUP, I found that this IP address translates to

        feenix.metronet.com

Which is the primary nameserver of an Irving, Texas (aka Dallas)
Internet Service Provider:

        Metronet.com

Using WHOIS, I also found that the administrative human at Metronet is

        Steven Linebarger <[log in to unmask]>

WHOIS also gives a phone number, but I assumed you would not want to
waste the money on a call....

Perhaps you already knew all this, but I thought it might help.

 Pax,  Dave
Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 512/463-9321 #this too shall pass#