Sylvie McGee <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 20:47:08 -0700

Wow, I'm confused.

Since the issuance of the latest version (1.8b?), I've started getting
acknowledgement messages whenever I cc: a message to the Quaker-L-Request
address that is attached to Quaker-L, the list I co-manage. We pretty
routinely cc: the list-request address when we correspond with
subscribers - especially when the correspondence is in moderating a
message and that sort of thing.

Now, when I do this, I get an acknowledgement note telling me that my
message has been submitted to the administrators at Quaker-L-Request,
etc...Then listserv dutifully forwards a copy of the note to me, since,
in fact, I *am* one of the administrators.

I tried to query Quaker-L-Request to see if there was some sort of
subscription set up for me that I could set to noack. I've checked the
list header and everything seems in order. Any ideas on 1) why listserv
has started doing this and apparently not recognizing me, and 2) how to
tell it that enough is enough?

Thanks for any guidance...

Sylvie McGee
Administrator - Quaker-L/Quaker-P
University Friends' Meeting - seattle wa