David Mayerlen <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 14:55:11 -0500
Hi,

 In Apache you add a "Redirect" directive in your httpd.conf file:

   http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

 or for more sophisticated manipulation of URL's you use the Apache
rewrite module:

   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/rewriteguide.html

 For Microsoft's IIS web server you add a "Virtual Directory" to an
existing web server instance. Simply highlite your web server, right
click on it and under "new" pick the option "Virtual Directory". I don't
have an IIS server handy so I can't recall the exact sequence of steps
but there are only a couple where you give the Virtual Directory a name
(ie. http://www.mydomain.com/VIRTUAL_DIRECTORY_NAME and ... when you get
to the main panel you'll see several "Redirect" buttons...

 If you are using some other web server please send me private email and
I'd be happy to dig up instructions for you. I have also done this with
(iPlanet)Netscape Enterprise.

Regards,