Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:00:46 -0400
On 22 Apr 2008 at 16:55, Don Anderson wrote:

> If we cannot have a rotating top banner, is it posible for us  ...(me) to
> set up the top banner to have more than one lines?  Or  better yet are
> both posible?

Yes indeed, you can put 100 lines on one day and none the next, if you want. (I
wouldn't advise the former, but it's technically possible). Top banner works
same as bottom banner.

For example, I have the following in my bottom banner (just a snippet, as I
tend to go overboard with customizations):

.BB &DAYSEQ(12) = 1
&LISTNAME archives and other information:
.ce http://home.ease.lsoft.com/Archives/&LISTNAME.html
.EB
.BB &DAYSEQ(12) = 2
Going on vacation? Send mail to LISTSERV@&MYHOST with the command
.ce SET &LISTNAME NOMAIL
in the message text to temporarily stop receiving posts from the list. Send
.ce SET &LISTNAME MAIL
to resume receiving the list mail.
.EB

I'll spare you the other 10 days' worth.

Basically everything between the .BB and the .EB is what gets included on that
day, and you can have as many lines as you want. And if you want nothing on a
particular day, then just don't include anything for that day.

--
Francoise Becker

LISTSERV(R) - real software, real results.
See LISTSERV in action:
http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_flash_demo.asp