Rob Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 20:01:08 -0400
You write:

> Since we gateway to Netnews, I need to be able to moderate EDTECH,
> yet have the mail go out with a From: line showing the address of
> the subscriber who wrote the message, and the moderator in a resent
> line.  So far the only mailer that I'm sure does this correctly
> it Ricemail on the IBM.   Can anyone list some mail programs that
> can be used on UNIX or on a POP server that will generate the
> kind of resent lines Listserv wants?

As others have pointed out, pine doesn't permit editing of bounced
messages.  You could try using emacs to read and send mail.  A bit of
experimentation with the mail-sending feature of emacs (control-x m)
shows that you can add a "From:" line as you wish, and emacs will
include your address on a "Sender:" line that it will then add.  So
you take the mail message that you want to post, edit it as you like,
and copy the "From:" line from the original poster.

If you're a good emacs hacker (I'm not) you can probably write an
emacs-lisp function to do the whole thing.--Rob

--
Rob Gross                                  (617) 552-3758 / 232-1838
Department of Mathematics