Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Bob Fowles <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 May 2014 07:17:44 -0400
text/plain (55 lines)
The warnings described by Michael are also being seen by some gmail subscribers to a list for which I am the listowner. The message is of the form:
"This message may not have been sent by: [log in to unmask]  Learn more  Report phishing"
which is highlighted in yellow and is is at the top of the message. The phrases "Learn more" and "Report phishing" are links.

This started, as Pete said, on or after 4/23. When one of the subscribers told me about this, it was the first time I had heard about it. I am subscribed to the list with my psu.edu address and did not see the warning when viewing mail (with the Apple Mail client) from gmail addresses. However, when I joined the list with a test gmail.com address and viewed the posts with mail.google.com, I then got that warning when viewing almost all gmail.com posts. The list is hosted at psu.edu which is running Version 16.0 with a fix applied 5/1 to circumvent the problem of subscribers being auto-deleted as the result of the controversial Yahoo change.

Bob Fowles

On May 3, 2014, at 9:28 PM, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My guess by looking at my Gmail archives: on or after 23 April, when Gmail posters who sent mail to LISTSERV lists (presumably not hosted at google.com), the Gmail recipients started to receive a warning an overlay alert within the frame of email text.
> 
> Pete
> 
> On 5/3/2014 20:17, Larry Finch wrote:
>> 
>> On May 3, 2014, at 8:01 PM, Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi again,
>>> 
>>> I'm sorry to have confused the issue in my original post. I should never have mentioned AOL and Yahoo, as I wanted to focus on this message regarding interaction with gmail.
>>> 
>>> In the hopes of getting us back on track, I'm resending my original post:
>>> 
>> 
>> OK, as a start I suggest asking the member if it is ALL messages from the list, or only messages from certain members. Also check with other gmail users to see if they see the same thing. If it is a problem for all gmail accounts and it is NOT just email from AOL and Yahoo then there’s probably a misconfiguration in the list header or settings, or possibly the MTA. If it’s only AOL and Yahoo we have the answer. Also, are you getting any listserv error messages? Do you have access to the listserv log on the server?
>> 
>> But lets get more information first. 
>> 
>> best regards,
>> Larry
>> 
>> --
>> Larry Finch
>> [log in to unmask]
>> 
>> 
>>