Bob Fowles <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 May 2014 07:17:44 -0400
The warnings described by Michael are also being seen by some gmail subscribers to a list for which I am the listowner. The message is of the form:
"This message may not have been sent by: [log in to unmask]  Learn more  Report phishing"
which is highlighted in yellow and is is at the top of the message. The phrases "Learn more" and "Report phishing" are links.

This started, as Pete said, on or after 4/23. When one of the subscribers told me about this, it was the first time I had heard about it. I am subscribed to the list with my psu.edu address and did not see the warning when viewing mail (with the Apple Mail client) from gmail addresses. However, when I joined the list with a test gmail.com address and viewed the posts with mail.google.com, I then got that warning when viewing almost all gmail.com posts. The list is hosted at psu.edu which is running Version 16.0 with a fix applied 5/1 to circumvent the problem of subscribers being auto-deleted as the result of the controversial Yahoo change.

Bob Fowles