"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 08:38:13 -0600
Nicolas,
I suspect the statistics you cite are inaccurate.  There is no reason
why the average e-mail user should not also have web access through
a *text* browser, such as Lynx.  Lynx is very fast, and material (even
long files) can be picked up (e-mailed to yourself) very efficiently.
I use the web to locate files and then do all my reading off-line.
At the moment, I am trying hard to wean my list members from expecting
certain files to be sent to them to visiting our web-site and picking
those files up themselves.  This in no way interferes with the ongoing
real-time conversation on the list; it simply streamlines the process.
Ingrid Shafer
http://astro.temple.edu/~arcc
list co-owner: [log in to unmask]