Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:16:16 -0400
At 13:12 10/27/2000 Friday, Darryl A. Pieber wrote:
 >I'm new to this list. I'm having a problem with attachments being sent
 >to lists. When users send attachments to our lists, they always explode
 >into the body of the e-mail in the form of gobbledy-gook text. Anyone
 >know why this might be happening and how I can fix it?

(followup to [log in to unmask])

It takes four "things" for attachments to properly transmitted between
sender, LISTSERV, receiver:

1) properly encoded by the sender

2) properly defined list keywords

3) proper subscriber options

4) proper mail handling at the receiver's site

Obviously proper apps available to the receiver to actually view the
attachment.

The symptoms you are describing sound to me like the subscriber needs to
have his/her list options

SET listname FULLHDR

Some lists are anit-attachments -- too many ways to mess it up and too
many problems once the attachment is ... opened (how do you spell v-i-r-u-s?)

/Pete Weiss @ Penn State