Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:07:11 -0600
> However, if you are a list owner who does not like subscribers to
> post attachments, than allowing an individual subscriber to set
> Attachments = Yes will defeat the list owner's preference.

Not really.. attachments= doesn't affect what people SEND.. only what
gets to the list... and to subscribers.. and I'm of a mind that people are
responsible for their own subscriptions, when they can be.

I'd certainly default the list to no attachments, and language=nohtml .. but
that, again,wouldn't affect what people send to the list, except under
attachments=no instead of no,filter where posts with attachments would be
rejected completely instead of just the attachments being stripped .. only
how posts are recieved.

> It is like allowing a subscriber (perhaps a misbehaving one) to
> change NOPOST to POST.

Never use that except as a marker with NOMAIL for subscriptions that are
bouncing.  If a subscriber is violating list rules.. they either go to
REVIEW.. or get Nuked.  NOPOST just means they'd bypass the list and
send responses to list posts via private email to list subscribers.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]