rob woiccak <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 12:14:14 EST
"Larry Stephens" <[log in to unmask]> sez:
>One never ending problem for me, though, is its reliance on an errors-to
>header to direct bounce messages. Most of the error messages end up going
>back to the subscriber who submitted the message. They don't appreciate

bounces are sent back to the "smtp envelope" address. in a unix-style
mailbox, that is the address in the "from " (not "from: ") header at
the top of a message. list software should change that from the address
of the poster to something like [log in to unmask], so that bounces
owner-listname on your system).

i don't know how you would do this with mercury.
--
_O_ rob woiccak