Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 May 1999 21:46:34 -0400
> We have faced some problems with few domain names. (Our listserv is
> running with 1.8c on NT server.)
>
> People with these domains can receive and send messages normally but
> they cannot do any maintain work with the lists they own. It seems
> that listserv is somehow ignoring their commands totally.
>
> Do you have any idea what might cause this situation?
>
>     Matti :-)

The most likely cause is that they have a mail header with bad syntax
in their messages.  LISTSERV will overlook these for posts, but not for
commands.  Command messages with bad headers are diverted to the
LISTSERV maintainers.  However, the wording of the messages that go to
the LISTSERV maintainers is often misleading, falsely indicating a
warning instead of an error.

One of the most common problems is a header like this

It's generated by a misconfigured Outlook Express client.