Tom Newell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 12:56:00 -0500

> I need a list of abbreviations that different countries use as the last
> characters of their address; e.g. addresses in Israel end in 'co.il'.  Is
> there a standard for this?  Is there a publication that summarizes them?
>
> Also, is there an organzied way to find addresses, especially University
> addresses, in foreign countries?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

> authored encyclopedia on the web at the URL:
>                 http://rdz.stjohns.edu/kidopedia

It's available in ISO 3166 available on our site at:

        ISO 3166 Country Codes
                ftp://rs.internic.net/netinfo/iso3166-countrycodes

The Top Level Domain name country codes are described and controlled
in accordance with the policies set by the Internet Assigned Numbers
Authority (IANA) and applied by the InterNIC registry.  More information
regarding the country Top Level Domain issue is available at:

        IANA Policy on Delegated Domains
                ftp://rs.internic.net/policy/iana.top.level.domain.policy

Hope this helps,

Tom

--

Tom Newell              [log in to unmask]    +1 703 742 4796
NIC Liaison             InterNIC Support Services