Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:25:13 -0500
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Helmke,Richard A wrote:
>  I just saw the aftermath of someone attempting to "unsend" a message to
> a LISTSERV list and all the bounce back of "message recall failure" back
> to the list.  What a mess.  I have now added a CONTENT FILTER for the
> "message recall failure", but now am wondering if there is a way to
> inhibit this kind of Exchange command being distributed by LISTSERV. Any
> other things I should be filtering from Exchange?

I don't keep up with all the "features" of all the mail systems, only the
ones that cause problems on my lists.  I've never encountered this.  What
is it, and how is it supposed to work?

As one really can't "unsend" what has been sent, especially once delivered,
any more than one can "unsay" what one has said and been heard by others,
what is this supposed to do?  Delete the item from the recipients email
inbox?  What if it has alrady been read?  Saved to some other file/folder?

Douglas Winship    [log in to unmask]