Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Apr 1992 14:32:56 EST
On Sat, 11 Apr 1992 12:47:00 EST <GISMGR@UBVMS> said:
> ...                                       I assume there is
>nothing that I myself can do.  ...

 You might be able to do something yourself.  Since Sprint.Com is using
 an unrecognized "Subject:" line to indicate that the notes are mail
 delivery errors, you'll have to rely on the "mail from myself in the
 body of the note" type checks.  As such, the line,

>Sender: "Geographic Information Systems Discussion List"

 should suffice if you don't turn off full loop checking.  I'd guess (I
 should look at the code first, but what the hell) that since the line is
 split it's not trapped.  Try shortening the name of the list so that the
 "Sender:" tag fits on one line.  Then Listserv should catch the notes.  It
 would be best if Sprint.Com used a more reasonable "Subject:" but there are
 no standards.  So unless they've been responsive to such requests in the
 past, I'd suggest doing what you can yourself to work around the problem.

>David Mark, "Owner", GIS-L

 -jj