"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 05:33:09 -0400
I have a notion that Eric is right about this wasted bandwidth and
that in essence some oof us are following into a trap of giving
information which tells something about our usage on the net or about
someone else's effet on the net. I think that these are more like
experiments to find out how much we know about some net activity and
that our answers are what is of real interest. This is the only way
that all of the information exchanged makes amy sense. I do not
believe that anyone should publically discuss these activities as they
are probably strengthening ablities to invade the net and violate net
users. I find it useful as we archive everything and they document
some urgent and pressing concerns which are both net and eternal here,
but I firmly believe that we are helping the net culprits and that
more discussions will leadd to some really LARGe scale net crisis. -- Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]