"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:53:46 -0500
I have a list owner trying to bulk add subscribers from a file on his (pre-
MacOS10) Mac.  From the result, obviously LISTSERV is not recognizing the
Mac end of line character (CR) and so only one subscriber gets added and
that subscribers "name" contains the 2nd-line address, etc.

Anyone know of a work-around (besides updating the Mac to the new unix
version, having a special editor, or using e-mail)?

P.S. Bill Verity wrote on this subject a year or so ago (in part)..
>Mac users have to be careful to save their files with DOS line breaks
>before uploading them through the web interface for bulk operations.

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group - UNET
[log in to unmask]                 University of Maine System