Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:20:48 -0700
At 12:51 PM 4/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Since we have repeated problems with one user gettting bolder and bolder
>and jumping from AOL alias to AOL alias we need to find a way to filter
>messages based on some specific URLS appearing in the messages.
>I understand that Exits wouldn't work. Oh Listserv Gurus, could you help us
>on this one.

Either require subscription by owner, which might not be too bad if you
don't have a lot of turnover....or change the options to default the list
to review.  That won't affect current members, but will only set to review
anyone new who joins.  Then you can immediately turn reveiw off for all not
from aol, or keep all ok until they post their first responsible post.
yeah, the jerks might do a couple of responsible ones before they clobber
you with crap, but I'll bet they aren't that smart, expecically if you
don't announce the change to the list (no need to).

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534