Mark London <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 11:39:53 -0500
Occasionally I get members who claim they are getting duplicate messages and
there is no obvious problem.  Frequently it occurs with a large ISP,
ESPECIALLY AOL.  Does anyone else have similar problems?  I'm thinking that
it's probably due to the fact that since I have so many AOL users, and that
messages for the same site are bundled into one message for many recipients,
that if in the process the connection breaks, when it restarts it will end up
sending the message again to the users who were sent the message before it
broke.  Is there any other explanation?  Also, one of our users gave us the
following explanation, and I would like someone's opinion on whether there is
an validity to it (because I've never heard of it).  Thanks.

Mark