Ione Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 08:38:03 +0000
C wrote:
> For example, say that I am on an ecology
> list.  I work for a park and my boss is implementing a practice which
> I think could be harmful.  Say that I have doubts about my boss's
> integrity anyway.  I come home from work and post a question to
> the ecology list.  Assume that my question even has a "tone" to it.
> My boss, unknown to me, is also on the list.  He sees my post and my
> name and gets very irritated.  His attitude toward me changes, my
> evaluations suffer, etc.

You shouldn't have sent a post like that to a list anyway. Think of the
damage you could be doing to your boss' reputation.

My own list is set to review by owners. I have been on several sensitive
lists and services, dealing with touchy ethical issues. I wanted to
maintain strict confidentiality.

--

Ione

-- Ione L. Smith, DVM -- Department of Comparative Medicine --
-- University of Tennessee,  College of Veterinary Medicine --
       -- phone (423) 974-5839 -- FAX (423) 974-5640 --
       http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/SVME.html
          The Society for Veterinary Medical Ethics
      http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~ilsmith/ethics.html
          for all sides of the AR/AW/anti-AR debate