Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:28:35 -0500
Does the header keyword Filter= accept wildcards? For example, if I write in

* Filter= Also,arkan*@

will this have the effect of filtering all addresses which *begin* with "arkan"?

Also, does Filter= accept internal spaces, so that something like

* Filter= Also,bos mu olcak@

is legal?

In general, I'd like to know if there's a syntax (symbols for wildcards
and/or spaces) for Filter= that would give me more control over the strings
to be filtered. I'm moving the zamir-chat-l list over from Majordomo, which
has a useful Pearl-scripted filtering mechanism, and I'd like to have the
same level of control over the LISTSERV filters, if possible.

Is there any way to estimate how much filtering slows down LISTSERV
processing? In the aforementioned Majordomo version, we have 137 filter
strings for headers alone. People in the Balkans have many insults that can
be thrown around...  --  ed
----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk ([log in to unmask])