"Humphrey,Mindy" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:27:16 -0400
Thanks a bunch

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Weiss [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 3:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: mac user

At 15:01 06/05/2002 Wednesday, Humphrey,Mindy wrote:
 >I have a list owner that is telling me that a mac user with outlook is not
 >able to reply to the listserv message without getting a message saying the
 >listserv name is in the body of the message.  If they go and tweek it and
 >then send it is ok.    Not sure where to look on that one.

Often said user is copying the entire original message in the body of the
REPLY back to the list.  Not only is that an unfriendly thing to try to
do, LISTSERV will call that an email loop.

When that occurs, I will send the poster the following boilerplate:

Dear

If you want this distributed to all of zzzzzz-L, you will need to
remove the original "headers" that you included in your reply: the
software does not allow you to include them, thinking that it is
a "loop."

Additionally, please remove all other original signatures and text
NOT essential for context -- sometimes all you will need is a
relevant SUBJECT: RE: line in your reply.

Otherwise, simply forward to your intended correspondent.

Thanks.